This is the only laser in the world designed especially for Laser Periodontal Therapy. something which we believe will be of utmost benefit to you.It is a powerful state-of-the art laser with unique features to perform a wide range of soft and hard tissue periodontal treatments.
At your initial consultation, a thorough periodontal examination will be undertaken in conjunction with x-rays to diagnose and discuss the treatment plan and explain the procedure and sequence of treatment.How does the Periolase® work? During your first Laser Periodontal Therapy appointment, you’ll receive a local anaesthetic to anaesthetise the teeth and surrounding structures.
A tiny laser fiber (about the thickness of three strands of hair) is inserted between the tooth and gum and the infection is cleared away.
The procedure usually takes only one 3-hour session. You are able to return to work on the very next day after the procedure.
Benefits of Laser Periodontal Therapy
• Laser Periodontal Therapy is about as easy as erasing a blackboard – there’s no cutting and no suturing.
• There’s much less discomfort using Periolase® than with standard surgery – both during and after the procedure.
• It takes less time than traditional surgery. All it takes is one 3-hour visit and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery requires four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
• Laser Periodontal Therapy gives better, longer-lasting results. In fact, 98% of Laser Periodontal Therapy treated patients remain stable after five years.
• There’s less than a 24 hour recovery period, so you won’t lose time from work.
• Laser Periodontal Therapy is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as aspirin.
For more clinical information and history on the PerioLase® and the creators behind this technology, please visit their website: